2 of My Fave Essential Oils for Writing
Burnt out, diagnosed with a chronic illness,
and grasping for a lost joy for writing…
…I learned a hard truth in the past 5 years:
You cannot write well if you don’t feel well.
For me, that meant evaluating lifestyle choices and habits that were actually making it harder to write the way I once loved. Then I started to learn about the role that toxins and chemicals play in how we feel — and how we function. Which led me to learning more about natural options, including essential oils.
I’m periodically asked which oils I like for writing.
Below are 2 of my most favorite — so far. In all fairness, I have no tried every oil available through my company alone! First, it is essential (pun intended) that you look for Grade A, 100% pure therapeutic oils.
I almost always have Peppermint in my pocket or purse.
Here are 4 of many ways I use Peppermint:
- After coffee: A drop under my tongue, a swish of water, and swallow!* Or add a drop to a (non-plastic) glass of water or tea and enjoy.
- After lunch: In addition to kickin’ coffee breath, a swish and swallow with a drop of Peppermint oil can help support healthy digestion.
- Muscle tension or headaches: Gently apply (by finger or cotton swab) massaging a drop into your temples or on the back of your neck
- Writing slump or creativity lull: Diffuse or inhale for an invigorating pick-me-up when you’re starting to feel the afternoon slump or trying to wake up in the morning!
*Only do these with a Peppermint oil that is pure enough for ingestion.
There are at least 10,000 uses for Frankincense!
Here are 2 of many ways I use Frankincense:
- Before or during a writing slump: One of my greatest conduits for writing inspiration is prayer and quiet time. Whether before a writing sprint or to help break a writing slump, I’ll simply inhale or diffuse Frankincense to help foster spiritual grounding in the true Source of creativity: Creator God.
- Overall wellness support: The best defense is a good offense, right? I’ll take Frankincense internally* — by capsule or in a tea to help promote overall wellness and sense of balance. Which is the foundation of writing well.
*Only do these with a Frankincense oil that is pure enough for ingestion.
What should you look for?
There are four different grades of essential oils.
The one you want — hands-down — is:
100% pure, Grade A, therapeutic-grade oils.
Because the FDA actually requires that only 5% of the contents need to be the oil itself, in order to be labeled “pure.” That means the bottle’s label can say “pure,” while 95% of the contents may be chemicals, solvents, alcohol, or other means that the company uses to cut corners so they profit more.
I currently only have, use, and recommend Young Living — both to support:
- emotional wellness,
- physical wellness,
- and financial wellness.
It’s easy to get started! Get your Premium Starter Kit at half of what it would cost to assembled these items individually! Your kit also includes both Peppermint and Frankincense, plus:
- a diffuser (choose the one you love from available options),
- 9 additional oils (including some of my other favorites),
- and MORE goodies to get you started! All at half-off!
After becoming a wholesale member, you’ll also have the option of joining our private Facebook group, where more than 1,000 women like you are ready to:
- welcome you,
- help answer your questions,
- and share valuable resources so you can use your oils with confidence!
From time to time, I’ll offer exclusive writing groups for my essential oils team ONLY. By joining the team, you’ll be first in line to have the option of joining!
Why ONLY my essential oils team? Because unlike most groups I’ve seen, I don’t want to just give you ideas, point you to things that you’ll have to spend money on…but not give you a way to earn the money to help you make those investments!
I don’t want to just spend some time with you, then send you on your way to fend for yourself. Even after the writing group, as a member of my team I stay personally invested in cheering you on.
I didn’t want to require a membership fee or course cost — I didn’t want to just “take” your money. Which, at my current rate would have cost at least $100 more than the starter kit price.
I don’t want your money. I want to help you earn money.
Can’t wait to introduce you to the team, and help spur on your writing dream!