When we first met, I don’t think I could have imagined saying these two words to you, but:
(I’m not kidding. I’m not being sarcastic.)
I may not have picked you.
But God has purposed you.
You have become one of my greatest motivators. If it weren’t for you, I don’t think I would have:
- Honestly evaluated where my life was — and where it was heading unless I made personal and professional changes.
- Discovered the damaging effect that the Gardasil vaccine can have on women with underlying chronic illnesses.
- Seriously given this incredible opportunity a chance, in turn having this wellness support and a smarter way to work towards financial freedom!
- Started taking my health more seriously, and learning more about what true wellness and success looks like.
I also probably wouldn’t have:
- Stopped playing it as safe; stopped making so many excuses; stopped blaming others or holding bitterness after literally looking within (my surgeon took photos).
- Started honoring and loving my body better, where it’s at. Not where it once was. Not where it “should be,” but where it is — fighter that it is.
- Met my amazing community of healthcare providers and fellow endometriosis warriors, who teach me so much.
- Discovered more about true friendships in my life, the greatest of all being God’s friendship — as I discovered all the more how real His comfort is.
- Developed more compassion for people who get addicted to opiodes. Especially after realizing I myself was on a slippery slope after my third surgery.
- Helped me be less judgmental, like not judging fellow gym-goers who may appear lazy, but for all I know may be recovering from surgery like I was, too!
I will not make you my enemy anymore, endo.
I’m not welcoming you to stay, but I’m done trying to heal you with hate. Which, I’ve realized is quite the oxymoron. So I will fight you with faith, I will heal you with love, and I will mend you with continuing to take better care of myself, emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
Because perhaps one of the greatest lessons of all, thanks to you:
This isn’t about fighting against you. It’s about fighting for me. (Because I’m worth it.)
Rebecca Halton is a:
- self-published, now agented, author who’s working on her second book, due to release in 2018 and donating 100% of 2017 book royalties to help people avoid or heal from extramarital affairs (FREE FIRST CHAPTER);
- mentor to savvy writers, bloggers, and authors, providing fresh, fun, relevant advice via The Whole Writer eNewsletter, plus FREE 1:1 coaching sessions (HERE); and
- home-based business woman who empowers purpose-driven, home-based, part-time boss-ladies to help themselves or their families get physically, emotionally, and financially freer. (LEARN MORE)